Who Is Midnight Mass Star Alex Essoe? Bio, Dating Status, and Movies and TV Shows

May 2024 · 3 minute read

Alexandra Essoe, commonly named Alex Essoe, is a talented actress who recently appeared in Mike Flanagan’s directorial Netflix series Midnight Mass. In the limited horror series, she portrayed the role of Mildred Gunning, the aging mother of the town's local doctor Dr. Sarah Gunning (Annabeth Gish).

Her other acting projects predominantly include horror films such as Starry Eyes, Midnighters, Doctor Sleep, and The Haunting of Bly Manor.

But despite actively working in the industry since the mid-2000s, the movie insiders, as well as her audience, are still deprived of her general bio, including her birthday and age. And those who follow her closely apparently seek to learn about her personal life.

Scroll through the article to learn extensively about her bio like age, family, and movies, as well as her relationship status.

How Old Is Alex Essoe?

Essoe was reportedly born in 1992, making her 29-year-old as of 2021. According to her IMDb profile, her birthplace is Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.

Additionally, the actress' birthday falls on September 2. To mark that occasion, the Facebook page of her film Starry Eyes shared a snap of her from the film set on September 2, 2015, writing, "Happy Birthday, Alex Essoe!"

'Starry Eyes' Facebook page wishes birthday to Alex Essoe. (Photo: Facebook)

Many fans also gathered together in the comment section to wish her on her birthday.

Alex Essoe’s Mother Is Allegedly Her Acting Aspiration

Her parents, Csaba Essoe and Dawn Essoe, were Canadian and American expatriates living in Saudi Arabia when the actress was born. Later, when Essoe turned 12, she and her family moved to Toronto.

The actress also occasionally shares throwback pictures of her parents on her social media, while still keeping her family life private. That said, her mother reportedly was a stage actor, whom Essoe grew up watching in rehearsals and productions. Now, it is apparent how she got into acting.

"Well, my mother was a stage actress for a very long time. I grew up going to the theater with her," she told Anthem magazine crediting her mother for being the one to influence her towards acting.

Young Alex Essoe Attended Drama Classes

During the previous interview with Anthem, Essoe further revealed that she attended drama classes from a young age. By the age of 17, she had already played the lead in Medea and did a couple of modeling gigs. 

"Then I found this amazing acting workshop in Toronto with this teacher and it was totally transformative. I quit everything I was doing," she added saying she left her "modeling job" and "boyfriend" to make a career in the film industry.

After training at the acting school in Vancouver for three years, she made her industry debut in the year 2008, where she starred in short movies and TV shows like Reaper, Free to Go, GHB, and Surviving Crooked Lake.

With multiple movies and TV shows every year, Essoe has not looked back. She has also been honored at the Fantaspoa International Fantastic Film Festival and is the recipient of the HIFF Award, Festival Prize, and IndieFEST Film Awards.

Who Is Alex Essoe's Boyrfriend? On Her Dating History

Since she manages a very secret private life, there have been no details of her boyfriend in the recent past. Not just that, even her relationship status remains unknown amongst her fans.

But like Essoe mentioned in the previous interview that she once left her boyfriend to focus on her career, the cards might not have changed to date, too, as she is still working hard and focused on her career.

We wish her the best in her career and when the right time comes, may she find her best man.

ncG1vNJzZmign6G5usPOqJummaOge6S7zGinaJmcmsVusdKspp5lkp68bq7Osp2roZWjsW65zq%2BgnqtencGuuA%3D%3D