Auburn Academic Calendar

May 2024 · 18 minute read

This article has the updated 2022-2023 version of the Auburn academic calendar and all you need to note down

About

Auburn University is a public research university located in Auburn, Alabama. It was founded in 1856 as the East Alabama Male College and became the first land-grant college in Alabama in 1872. Today, Auburn offers over 140 undergraduate majors, more than 150 graduate programs, and is ranked among the top 50 public universities in the United States.

Auburn’s campus spans over 1,800 acres and includes multiple academic buildings, residence halls, athletic facilities, and research centers. The university is known for its strong programs in agriculture, engineering, veterinary medicine, and business, among others.

Auburn is also home to several notable landmarks, including the Samford Hall clock tower, the Jordan-Hare Stadium, and the Davis Arboretum. The Tigers, Auburn’s athletic teams, compete in the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and have won numerous national championships in football, swimming and diving, equestrian, and other sports.

Auburn Academic Calendar

Undergraduate Calendar 2022–2023

2022 Summer Semester — Full Term

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 18Classes Begin
May 19Last Day to Add Course
May 20–Jun 1Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 30Memorial Day – No Classes
Jun 110th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jun 20Juneteenth Holiday (observed) – No Classes
Jun 22Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jun 22Mid-Semester – 24th Class Day
Jun 23Study/Reading Day for Mini-Semester I
Jun 24–27Finals for Mini‐Semester I
Jul 4Independence Day – No Classes
Jul 29Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Aug 1Classes End
Aug 2Study/Reading Day
Aug 3–5Final Exam Period
Aug 5–6Commencement

2022 Summer Mini-Semester I

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 18Classes Begin
May 20–24Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 245th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jun 3Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jun 3Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day
Jun 16Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jun 22Classes End
Jun 23Study/Reading Day
Jun 24–27Final Exam Period

2022 Summer Mini-Semester II

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Jun 28Classes Begin
Jun 29Last Day to Add Course
Jun 30–Jul 5Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Jul 55th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jul 14Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day
Jul 14Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jul 27Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Aug 1Classes End
Aug 2Study/Reading Day
Aug 3–5Final Exam Period
Aug 5–6Commencement

2022 Fall Semester

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Aug 16Classes Begin
Aug 16–Sep 6Resignation Fee—Dropping all courses during this period will result in a $100 resignation fee.
Aug 22Last Day to Add Course
Aug 23–Sep 6Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Aug 2910th Class Day—Last day to request a meal plan change.
Sep 5Labor Day – No Classes
Sep 615th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Oct 5Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Oct 5Mid-Semester – 36th Class Day
Oct 6–7Fall Break
Oct 1441st Class Day—Student deadline for request to move finals to Associate Deans
Nov 18Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Nov 21–25Thanksgiving Break
Dec 2Classes End
Dec 3–4Study/Reading Days
Dec 5–9Final Exam Period
Dec 9–10Commencement

2023 Spring Semester

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Jan 11Classes Begin
Jan 11–Feb 1Resignation Fee—Dropping all courses during this period will result in a $100 resignation fee.
Jan 16Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No Classes
Jan 18Last Day to Add Course
Jan 19–Feb 1Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Jan 2510th Class Day—Last day to request a meal plan change.
Feb 115th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Mar 2Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Mar 2Mid-Semester – 36th Class Day
Mar 6–10Spring Break
Mar 1641st Class Day—Student deadline for request to move finals to Associate Deans
Apr 21Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Apr 28Classes End
Apr 29–30Study/Reading Days
May 1–5Final Exam Period
May 5–6Commencement

2023 Summer Semester — Full Term

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 17Classes Begin
May 18Last Day to Add Course
May 19–Jun 1Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 29Memorial Day – No Classes
Jun 110th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jun 19Juneteenth Holiday – No Classes
Jun 21Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jun 21Mid-Semester – 24th Class Day
Jun 22, 23, 26No Classes
Jul 26Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jul 31Classes End
Aug 1Study/Reading Day
Aug 2–4Final Exam Period
Aug 4–5Commencement

2023 Summer Mini-Semester I

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 17Classes Begin
May 18Last Day to Add Course
May 19–23Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 235th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
May 29Memorial Day – No Classes
Jun 2Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jun 2Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day
Jun 15Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jun 21Classes End
Jun 22Study/Reading Day
Jun 23–26Final Exam Period

2023 Summer Mini-Semester II

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Jun 27Classes Begin
Jun 28Last Day to Add Course
Jun 29–Jul 3Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Jul 35th Class Day—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jul 13Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day
Jul 13Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jul 26Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jul 31Classes End
Aug 1Study/Reading Day
Aug 2–4Final Exam Period
Aug 4–5Commencement

Graduate Calendar 2022-2023

Auburn University reserves the right to make adjustments to this calendar.  

Summer 2022: Full, Mini-Semester I, Mini-Semester II

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 18Classes Begin for Summer Full and Mini-Semester I
May 19Last Day to Add Course for Full and Mini-Semester I
May 20–24Drop Course Penalty Days for Mini-Semester I. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 20–Jun 1Drop Course Penalty Days for Full Semester. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 245th Class Day for Mini-Semester I. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes
Jun 110th Class Day for Full Semester. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes
Jun 3Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline for Mini-Semester I
Jun 3Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day for Mini-Semester I
Jun 16Last Day to Withdraw for Mini-Semester I—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned.
Jun 22Classes End for Mini-Semester I
Jun 22Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jun 22Mid-Semester – 24th Class Day
Jun 23Study/Reading Day for Mini-Semester I
Jun 24–27Final Exam Period for Mini-Semester I
Jun 27Last day to submit Dissertation First Submission Approval Form and submit dissertation in PDF file format for format check to doctoral@auburn.edu
Jun 28Classes Begin for Mini-Semester II
Jun 29Last Day to Add Course for Mini-Semester II
Jun 30–Jul 5Drop Course Penalty Days for Mini-Semester II. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Jul 4Independence Day Holiday
Jul 55th Class Day for Mini-Semester II—Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jul 14Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day for Mini-Semester II
Jul 14Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline for Mini-Semester II
Jul 18Last Day to Schedule Doctoral Final Exam
Jul 22Last day for Master’s Thesis students to submit Final Examination Report and ETD Approval Form and electronic thesis to AUETD
Jul 22Last day for Master’s Non-Thesis/EDS students to submit Comprehensive Examination Form
Jul 27Last day for completion of Doctoral ETD Approval Form. Last day for Doctoral students to submit electronic dissertation to AUETD system for approval and complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED).
Jul 27Last Day to Withdraw from Mini-Semester II—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jul 29Last Day to Withdraw for Full Semester—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Aug 1Classes End for Full and Mini-Semester II
Aug 2Study/Reading Day for Full and Mini-Semester II
Aug 3–5Final Exam Period for Full and Mini-Semester II
Aug 5–6Commencement

Fall 2022

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Aug 15Graduate Student Welcome Breakfast & Resource Fair 9:00 AM–11:30 AM
Aug 16Classes Begin
Aug 16–Sep 6Resignation Fee. Dropping all courses during this period will result in a $100 resignation fee.
Aug 22Last Day to Add Course
Aug 23–Sep 6Drop Course Penalty Days—Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Aug 2910th Class Day – Last day to request a meal plan change.
Sep 5Labor Day – No Classes
Sep 615th Class Day. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes
Oct 5Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Oct 5Mid-Semester and 36th Class Day
Oct 6–7Fall Break – No Classes
Oct 1441st Class Day—Student deadline for request to move finals to Associate Deans
Nov 7Last day to submit Dissertation First Submission Approval Form and submit dissertation in PDF file format for format check to doctoral@auburn.edu
Nov 18Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Nov 21Last day for Master’s/Thesis students to submit Master’s Thesis Final Examination Report and ETD Approval Form, and electronic thesis to AUETD
Nov 21Last day for Master’s Non-Thesis/EDS students to submit Comprehensive Examination Form
Nov 21Last day for completion of Doctoral Final Oral Examination and Report Form
Nov 21–25Thanksgiving Holiday
Nov 29Last day for completion of Doctoral ETD Approval Form. Last day for Doctoral students to submit electronic dissertation to AUETD system for approval and complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED).
Dec 2Classes End
Dec 3–4Study/Reading Days
Dec 5–9Final Exam Period
Dec 9–10Commencement

Spring 2023

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Jan 11Classes Begin
Jan 16Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No Classes
Jan 18Last Day to Add Course
Jan 19–Feb 1Drop Course Penalty Days. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Jan 2510th Class Day—Last day to request a meal plan change.
Feb 115th Class Day. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes
Mar 2Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Mar 2Mid-Semester – 36th Class Day
Mar 6–10Spring Break
Mar 12Last day to submit Dissertation First Submission Approval Form and submit dissertation in PDF file format for format check to doctoral@auburn.edu
Mar 1641st Class Day—Student deadline for request to move finals to Associate Deans
Apr 21Last Day to Withdraw. Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned.
Apr 21Last day for Master’s Thesis students to submit Final Examination Report and ETD Approval Form and electronic thesis to AUETD
Apr 21Last day for Master’s Non-Thesis/EDS students to submit Comprehensive Examination Form
Apr 21Last day for Doctoral Final Oral Examination and Report Form
Apr 28Classes End
Apr 29–30Study/Reading Days
May 1–5Final Exam Period
May 2Last day for Doctoral students to submit Doctoral ETD Approval Form. Last day for Doctoral students to submit electronic dissertation to AUETD system for approval and complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED).
May 5–6Commencement

Summer 2023: Full, Mini-Semester I, Mini-Semester II

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 17Classes Begin for Full Semester and Mini-Semester I
May 18Last Day to Add Course for Full and Mini-Semester I
May 19–May 23Drop Course Penalty Days for Mini-Semester I. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 19–May 31Drop Course Penalty Days for Full Semester. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
May 235th Class Day for Mini-Semester I. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
May 29Memorial Day
May 3110th Class Day for Full Semester. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jun 2Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline for Mini-Semester I
Jun 2Mid-Semester – 12th Class Day for Mini-Semester I
Jun 15Last Day to Withdraw for Mini-Semester I—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. – Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jun 21Classes End for Mini-Semester I. Last Day to Withdraw for Mini-Semester I. Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned
Jun 21Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline
Jun 21Mid-Semester for Full Semester – 24th Class Day
Jun 22Study/Reading Day for Mini-Semester I
Jun 23–26Final Exam Period for Mini-Semester I
Jun 27Classes Begin for Mini-Semester II
Jun 28Last Day to Add Course for Mini-Semester II
Jun 29–Jul 3Drop Course Penalty Days for Mini-Semester II. Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
Jul 35th Class Day for Mini-Semester II. Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jul 4Independence Day Holiday
Jul 13Early Alert/Mid-Term Grade Deadline for Mini-Semester II
Jul 13Mid-Semester for Mini-Semester II – 12th Class Day
Jul 26Last Day to Withdraw for Mini-Semester II—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jul 27Last day for Master’s Thesis students to submit Final Examination Report and ETD Approval Form and electronic thesis to AUETD
Jul 27Last day for Master’s Non-Thesis/EDS students to submit Comprehensive Examination Form
Jul 27Last day for completion of Doctoral Final Oral Exam and Report Form
Jul 28Last Day to Withdraw for Full or Mini-Semester II. Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned
Jul 31Classes End for Full and Mini-Semester II
Aug 1Study/Reading Day for Full and Mini-Semester II
Aug 3Last day for completion of Doctoral ETD Approval Form, electronic dissertation to AUETD system for approval, and complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED)
Aug 2–4Final Exam Period for Full and Mini-Semester II
Aug 4–5Commencement

Online Calendar 2022-2023

Auburn University reserves the right to make adjustments to this calendar. 

Summer 2022

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
May 18Classes Begin
May 26Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Jun 20Juneteenth Holiday – No Classes
Jun 22Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Jul 12Classes End
Aug 5–6Commencement

Fall 2022 Term A

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Aug 16Classes Begin
Aug 17Last Day to Add Course
Aug 24Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Sept 20Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Oct 7Classes End

Fall 2022 Term B

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Oct 10Classes Begin
Oct 11Last Day to Add Course
Oct 18Last day to drop from course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Nov 15Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Dec 2Classes End
Dec 9–10Commencement

Spring 2023 Term A

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Jan 11Classes Begin
Jan 12Last Day to Add Course
Jan 19Last day to drop course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Feb 15Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Mar 3Classes End

Spring 2023 Term B

Academic Calendar
DateEvent
Mar 6Classes Begin
Mar 7Last Day to Add Course
Mar 14Last day to drop course with no grade assignment. Last day for potential tuition refund for dropped classes.
Apr 10Last Day to Withdraw—Last day to withdraw from course with no grade penalty. “W” assigned. Students who need to submit forms to lift holds on their accounts must submit the forms several business days ahead of the deadline to allow for processing.
Apr 26Classes End
May 5–6Commencement

ncG1vNJzZmibnq6urMHNnaBnm5%2BifKLBwa6pp2WRmK6lscyimmabkaGyr7DAq2Y%3D